What are the Most Common Accidents That Send Vehicles to the Body Shop?
There are 6 million auto accidents in the United States every year. Most of these accidents lead to damage to the vehicles that require the attention of a qualified auto body repair shop. Some of these damages are more serious than others, and of course, some are more expensive fixes.
- Rear-end collisions are among the most common crashes that are reported. These accidents often necessitate repairs to the rear end of vehicle, such as the bumper, the bumper cover, the trunk lid, back fenders, and taillights. A hard impact could ripple through the vehicle and cause mechanical problems, such as damage to the transmission or the exhaust. Severe impacts may also cause frame damage.
- T-bone collisions are also common. These crashes occur when a car doesn’t yield right-of-way at an intersection. One vehicle will suffer front-end damage while the other vehicle will have an impact to its side. Sometimes a T-bone collision can cause frame damage, require fender or door replacement, cause broken lights and glass, and even lead to mechanical problems. Airbags – frontal or side – may deploy depending on the impact.
- Head-on collisions are serious crashes that occur often. These often require the front clip of the vehicle to be replaced, such as the fenders, hood, headlights, grille, and sometimes even the frame. These kinds of crashes cause the airbags to deploy, which can cause the windshield to shatter.
- Sideswipe accidents and merging crashes are also quite common. These accidents occur when a car enters in another lane of traffic when switching lanes, or by just wandering across the line. These crashes cause damage to the side of a vehicle, such as to the fenders, door, and quarter panel. Sometimes a merging or sideswipe crash may cause the deployment of side airbags.
- Fender benders – in parking lots and on the roads remain a leading cause of auto damage. Backing your car into a pole in a parking lot, bumping into a mailbox, or backing into another car when backing out a parking space are all common causes of fender benders. These fender benders often lead to scratches, scrapes, dents, and dings that need professional attention.
Common Types of Auto Repairs at a Body Shop
There are several different kinds of repairs that are handled by an auto body shop, but some of the more common repairs include:
- Ding and scratch repair
- Paintless dent removal
- Color match auto painting
- Body panel replacement
- Auto glass repair
- Frame repair
Professional auto body repair shops will make sure your repairs are properly made, so your vehicle looks as good as new and so it is as safe as it was before the crash. You want to make sure the repairs are done to specification, so the value of your vehicle doesn’t depreciate because of the crash and the repairs that were needed. If your vehicle has been involved in an auto accident and needs repairs, call Central Body Repair today.